Friday, May 1, 2009

Nothing else I can say

Went out to the south east suburbs with my friend, had no idea where it is and where I am, but its kind of nice since there's loads of asian over there and I felt like Im back home again, it felt like Ipoh and Taiping, I mean the surroundings, just that the weather is freaking cold. Went to dinner at one of my friend's friend's nyonya restaurant, food there was kinda nice. Oh, I remembered, that placed was called Glen, yea, that's what it's called, after dinenr we went for a movie, titled "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". The tickets over here are damn fucking cheap, made from only paper, lol. No offence but since its the first time for the last 4 months I've been to the movies, Im premitted to be a little judgemental right?

Look at the quality, look at how its teared, pretty cheap if you ask me.

Anyway, it was a nice story. Just as how I felt right now after I get to know of a certain "news". Was kind of disappointing though, but there's nothing else I can say, I hope there will be some sort of "miracle" that happen. I pray that the miracle will happen. I wish that miracle will happen, I just want to get through this. Let's just get back to the story, the movie was set in World War 2, a young boy named Bruno lives a wealthy lifestyle in Pre-war Germany along with his mother, elder sister, and army Commandant father. The family re-locate to the countryside where his father is assigned to commandeer a prison camp. A few days later, Bruno befriends another youth, strangely dressed in striped pajamas, named Shmuel who lives behind an electrified fence. Bruno will soon find out that he is not permitted to befriend his new friend as he is a Jew, and that the neighboring yard is actually a prison camp for Jews awaiting extermination. Racism was soooo obvious in this movie, i still remember what Bruno's tutor told him, "Jews are evil, monsters, if you can find a good Jew, you are the greatest explorer ever." and I guess Bruno is the greatest explorer ever. A very touching movie, both Bruno and Shmuel died at the end. Heres a few pictures of the movie...


The movie wallpaper


Bruno


Shmuel (That's the striped pajamas)

~ The End ~

*Praying hard for the unhopable hope and miracle*

2 comments:

cheekeong1986 said...

i really admire your Aussie Life..
i wonder the cinema there just exactly the same with GSC in penang?

Chun said...

hahaa...my aussi life sux...terribly, im only here cuz of my parents future, they busted their ass long enuff, tis is their ticket to enjoying life... if not, ill be back home, wif u guys... i only post happy thoughts in my blog, not so much of sad thoughts...